A week or two back I’ve finally setup a blog for Infinity Box Studios using wordpress on the same host. Originally I thought it would had been too much work, so I actually considered embedding something like blogger or tumblr into the home page since I did the webpage using Adobe Muse. That would have meant that I won’t get 100% of the page hits (which, there is literally none at the moment…).
Anyway, I ended up finding out that it actually isn’t hard at all getting WordPress setup on my host. I spent more time choosing the right theme and customizing it than installing the blog. It was pretty much a one-click process.
Another thing that also held me back was that I didn’t really have anything to post about on that blog yet(still don’t have any) , so I thought it’s kinda pointless to set one up.
While we’re at it. I’ve also done some things to the structure of the website for Infinity Box Studio. Before I had basically the entire website inside a sub-directory called “InfinityBoxStudio/” and had htaccess redirect the main domain to the index.html file inside the sub-directory (I wanted to avoid cluttering the main directory). This ended up giving very ugly web addresses like this one:
I’ve fixed this by setting up a “home” sub-domain and have htaccess redirect all main domain access to the “home” sub-domain. Now everything looks prettier like this:
To be honest, I really hate this htaccess stuff. Confusing enough. Guess I just don’t have time to look into it yet. Eventually I might look into replacing the entire website with another WordPress blog.
Speaking of Infinity Box. My game project, Project-K has been going slow since Uni started. You can blame the interactive graphics unit that I’m taking this semester. It’s all about computer graphics, graphics pipelines and OpenGL. Because of that, I’ve started an experimental project with OpenGL. Right now it’s mostly just writing some classes to encapsulate window creation and handling. The project uses GLFW internally for that and input handling, so I’m also trying to implement an Event system to further encapsulate stuff and make things look nicer when using GLFW. Originally I started with Freeglut, which is also what’s being used by the unit materials. The few posts on the internet seem to suggest that GLFW is a much better choice for game development as it gives more control over the main loop. I’m having kind of a hard time seeing the difference between the two yet, but I’m sure I will discover more as I dig more into it. With that, I’ve fallen into the dilemma of whether I should use my GLFW stuff to run the unit lab projects and examples or stick with Freeglut.
Rest assure, work is still being done on Project-K, it will just happen a lot slower with Uni happening. It’s good in a way. I can spend more time to think before I code, instead of just code and hope things work and play nicely together. We will see how that turns out. Hopefully by the end of the year the engine will be more complete, then I can start prototyping the actual game. Before that can happen, a small game will be developed along side and as part of the engine to make sure that it works.
I had more to tell but I think this is enough for today. Bye for now!