Recently I was working on a new desktop app for my new favorite game Overwatch. I got to the stage where I decided to add application icons to it.
After going through the trouble of creating the icon and adding it into the project, I compiled and had the new icon working on Windows pretty quick. Next, I moved to my Macbook and tested the new icon there as well but for the love of god the new icon would not show! Even after a new qmake, clean and rebuild…
Turns out I had to completely remove the app package itself then do another rebuild and voila! it’s there!
Timmmm from stackoverflow also had the same issue and discovered the same solution a few years ago.